The Loving Person
Adaptive Cognitive Schema - Freedom:
- You understand freedom to mean living within the natural laws and limits of giving and receiving.
- You are interdependent; it is more blessed to give and to receive.
- You are responsive to the unfreedom in others. You are able to set others free.
Maladaptive Cognitive Schema - Codependence:
- You believe freedom means being free from needs and being free from needing others' help.
- You are codependent; it is more blessed to give than receive.
- You yourself are enslaved by caring for others to gain self-worth, and you bind others to because they need you.
Adaptive Emotional Schema - Humility:
- When you experience humility, you accept your own limits and boundaries. You are able to say no as well as yes. You are able to take time out for yourself.
Maladaptive Emotional Schema - Pride:
- You are proud when you believe you have unlimited resources to gife. You believe you don't need or don't deserve help. You are liable to burn out.
Dave's Enneagram is going through a major redesign and is a work in progress.
For additional resources visit the old website at davesenneagram.com/d7/home.