The Joyful Person
Adaptive Cognitive Schema - Work:
- When you are living in touch with your real self, then you are also living in accordance with the cosmic plan or the divine scheme of things. You understand that each person has a part to play in the evolution of humankind.
- Work can be play when you do what you love doing.
Maladaptive Cognitive Schema - Pleasure/Planning:
- When you lose touch with your real self and live out of your personality, then you are not participating in the larger scheme of things. You substitute your own plans and search for pleasure in place of deeper satisfactions.
- If it isn't fun, it isn't worth doing and you don't stay with it for long.
Adaptive Emotional Schema - Sobriety:
- Sobriety means living in the present and living a balanced life, taking in only as much as you need and expending only as much energy as is called for.
Maladaptive Emotional Schema - Gluttony:
- Gluttony means overindulgence, planning future fun-filled events, and spicing up life with excitement and fluff.
Dave's Enneagram is going through a major redesign and is a work in progress.
For additional resources visit the old website at davesenneagram.com/d7/home.