The Powerful Person
Adaptive Cognitive Schema - Justice:
- You have an appreciation for justice and equity. You believe in the equal distribution of power.
- You trust the fairness of the universe. You believe that what goes around, comes around. "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord."
Maladaptive Cognitive Schema - Vindication:
- You believe in "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." Justice becomes vengeance, getting even to maintain the balance of power.
- You judge that what is happening isn't fair. So you need to create your own truth and take justice into your own hands. "Vengeance is mine, saith the Eight."
Adaptive Emotional Schema - Innocence:
- You possess a childlike innocence. You are capable of experiencing each moment fresh without expectations and prejudgments.
- Innocence means not harming. You have the attitude, "Why should I want to harm anyone and why would anyone want to harm me?"
- You are satisfied with life as it is.
Maladaptive Emotional Schema - Lust:
- You come to each situation jaded, expecting trouble, or to be taken advantage of. You are therefore ready for a fight.
- You have experienced aggression towards you in the past. So you want to get them before they get.
- You are lustful, meaning you do everything to excess. You can be possessive, grabby, and demanding.
Dave's Enneagram is going through a major redesign and is a work in progress.
For additional resources visit the old website at davesenneagram.com/d7/home.