The Peaceful Person
Adaptive Cognitive Schema - Love:
- You have a sense that you are loved, that you are lovable, and that you are capable of loving.
- You are genuinely content with yourself and with reality as it is.
Maladaptive Cognitive Schema - Resignation:
- You feel deprived of love and not paid attention to, so you resign yourself, don't let yourself feel or want much, don't let things get to you, and don't make a big deal out of anything.
- You can resign yourself to accepting whatever comes your way.
Adaptive Emotional Schema - Action:
- Love wants to pass itself on through action. Gratitude for being loved leads to spontaneous action towards the welfare of the beloved. Action is natural to the real self and works for the development of that self.
- When you are in touch with your real self, you know what you need and want and you know what you need to do to get what you want.
- The integration of your feelings and thoughts motivate and focus your activity.
Maladaptive Emotional Schema - Indolence:
- Self-doubt and resignation lead to indolence or laziness regarding the growth of oneself and others. Procrastination, indecision, confusion, and inaction arise from the false personality and block action.
- When you are inattentive to and neglectful of yourself, you don't know what you need, and so you don't act.
- You can distract yourself and diffuse your activity when it comes to doing something really important to you.
Dave's Enneagram is going through a major redesign and is a work in progress.
For additional resources visit the old website at davesenneagram.com/d7/home.