The Effective Person
Adaptive Cognitive Schema - Hope:
- You can trust that all will run smoothly even when you're not working. You trust and have hope the world won't stop when you do.
- You operate in harmony with natural life processes and within the social and natural laws.
Maladaptive Cognitive Schema - Efficiency:
- You believe that the smooth running of the organization or operation or cosmos depends mainly on your interventions.
- You believe you are above the law. Your own operating rules are more efficient than universal principles. You may come to believe that the end justifies the means.
Adaptive Emotional Schema - Truthfulness:
- You are truthful to your own inner self, feelings, and desires.
- Your outer image matches your inner reality.
- You are honest and loyal to others.
Maladaptive Emotional Schema - Deceit:
- You lose touch with your real feelings and wants and present programmed, planned feelings instead.
- You can deceive yourself and others into believing that the image presented is your real self. You live out of an image vs. out of real emotional preferences.
- You show others what you think they want to see or what looks successful.